|Wales - definitely open in winter (wales.com)|
IN his continuing search for the more weird, wacky and wondrous in the world of travel, David Ellis says travel agents get used to fielding some pretty oddball questions, and a recent survey amongst agents brought these pearlers to light:
- Are there any lakes in England's Lakes District?
- Is Wales closed during Winter?
- The brochure says "No hairdressers at the resort." We are trainee hairdressers, so will we be okay staying there?
- What month should we avoid being in New York so we don't get caught up in the May Day demonstrations?
- What kind of performances can we see in London's Piccadilly Circus?
- We saw ruined castles and abbeys almost every day of the tour in the UK. Why did they build so many of them?
- And this couple who complained to their agent on their return home from a Mediterranean cruise, that they were enjoying one particular port so much that they left a note in their cabin asking the Captain if he could stay in port a bit longer for them to enjoy even more of it. Their complaint? "When we got back from our sightseeing, the ship had gone…"
Some mothers do have 'em.