|Sofitel Gold Coast|
In 2012, requests have ranged from romantic overtures, indulgent luxuries to the more extravagant and out of the ordinary.
See below a list of the top 10 special requests made of Gold Coast's exclusive five-star hotels.
- Asked to purchase alpacas for a Middle Eastern royal family.
- An overseas visitor asked if he could organise a day trip to visit Sydney, Melbourne, Alice Springs and the Great Barrier Reef all in the same day!
- Organised a private jet for the Argentine Polo team to fly from Gold Coast to Malaysia with 6-hours' notice.
- Booked rooms on different floors for wife and girlfriend
- An elderly couple looking to renew their wedding vows at the hotel asked two staff members to be Bridesmaid and Best Man. As regulars to the hotel the couple knew these staff members very well.
- Organised dinner for two at Gold Coast Hinterland hotspot, "Table Mountain". Guests arrived by helicopter where a personal chef, waiter and Spanish guitarist were waiting.
- A guest left his luxury sports vehicle to be sold by a hotel staffer as he had to unexpectedly leave the country
- A unique wedding proposal - with a gentleman proposing to his girlfriend as staff from the resort all wearing t-shirts that spelt out MARRY ME while a beautiful rendition of somewhere over the rainbow being played on the ukulele from a gentleman who just appeared to be walking by.
- Exclusive use of the gym for various celebrities
- Exclusive use of the Executive Lounge for a wedding proposal
Other more common requests of Gold Coast hotels include:
- Unpack suitcases and hang clothes
- Run a warm bubble bath
- Arrange flowers for wife/girlfriend (or both)
- Arrange Rose Petals and candles on the Bed
- Cook dinner in the room
- Arrange high protein foods and menus for athletes
- Arrange birthday cakes
- Stay in a certain room on a certain floor every stay